Monday, February 4, 2008




So we have been working on potty training with Jack over the last few weeks
and we have made some progress. (Knock on wood) Today we went to the pet store for
a fish. The deal made between us was that if Jack went in the big boy potty 10 times
he could go to the pet store a pick out a fish. Well Last night at Uncle Biggs house
he went potty in the big boy potty which made 10 times. So Yeahooo we were off to the pet store today. We got a red Betta fish named "Dory" (thanks Sarah cause I dont
think that "Purple" is quite the name the fish needed) Our intention was a small goldfish but after talking to the pet store person we settled on a Betta and $35 later we were on our way home to make a fantastic new home for our little "Dory."
I am a little afraid however that there will be a crash or un explained amount of food in her bowl before the end of this since Jack has learned to get things on his own now. He pushes the stool over to the cupboard and tries to get snacks and cups for milk so who knows what he might think the fish needs.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Lol...that reminds me of the beta fish we all had in college:) So glad the potty training is going well...Emma has decided she's not so much interested in it any more, but we're still sitting her on it several times a day hoping:)

Jen said...

I'm laughing at the worry about a big crash or lots of food - that would SOOOO happen in our house!! Yes, Anthony also believes he is big now and gets into lots of things. I was in the bathroom recently and he decided he needed to brush his teeth - next thing, I see him pulling out the tube of hydrocortisone cream...ummm...that's not toothpaste, buddy!

Hey, I saw you entered your info on my book site, but not your email...do you want to give me your email so I can send you special offers? There's a free book offer right now.

Jen said...

Tag, you're it!!

(Now maybe you'll give us a blog post!! :))